Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Medicine in the Jungle

So, it's been a while since I've posted on here! This was originally used for my digital communications class, but now that I've passed (whooo!), I think that I might use this blog to post my projects. The most recent of which is a video project from my spring break trip to Costa Rica!


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" - Isaiah 6:8




I have been more than blessed to be able to go to Costa Rica over my spring break this year. This was a medical missions trip through Furman University Medical Missions Organization and International Service Learning. The idea is to go into an impoverished country and provide medical care by setting up a free clinic for the community. I learned so much from this trip. I got to shadow doctors, learn how to give injections and do sututres, practice my Spanish, diagnosis patients, and run the pharmacy. I went with an incredible group of college students that truly have a heart to serve and a passion for medicine. This is an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything else and is so much for that just a spring break to the beach. I always want to be intentional with my time, and I can thing of no better way to do that than to love of the people of Costa Rica and be blessed abundantly more in return. It reaffirmed my pursuit of medicine and a life of missions.

Enjoy this brief glimpse into some the highlights of our trip, and maybe you can grasp a little bit of how important this place and these people are to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment