Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Visual Vehicle- Telling the Story of You


Created with flickr slideshow.

So this project was a bit of a challenge for me because I wanted to find something that I'm interested in but at the same time was able to have a visual argument. Therefore, I chose to show how cars can be a visual representation of their owners. Each car displays aspects of its owner's life based on the type of car chosen, what is on the outside, and what they keep on the inside. I hope that you could tell this from my images. Each person has their own story told after their initial picture. I wanted to show the person that went along with each car though rather than just present the car. 

Editing
Editing was a challenge for me because I'm pretty picky about how things look but sadly I don't have good visualization skills. (This presents for a lot of late nights spent on projects since I just can't get things to look like I want.) I've done minimal editing before, but I honestly didn't care that much about how pretty my Facebook pictures looked. It was cool learn how colors work together to appeal to the eye and to learn new tricks on Photoshop. 
This first pairing of pictures was one where I overlaid a license plate in the corner, a new technique I was trying. I hope you can see the editing differences.




This pair I focused on saturation and on cropping the picture so that the shoes had the primary focus. 



The next pair shows my lei and Mayan month icon that are special to me. I really liked the angle but wanted to bring out the colors. 



The final two pairs add clarity and saturation to the images. I really like color.






No comments:

Post a Comment